Coordinator of ELA & Social Studies
Job Title: Coordinator of ELA & Social Studies Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent Pay Grade: Admin 4
of Instruction & Learning
Dept./School: Instruction & Learning - Central Office Date Revised: April 2017
Provide curriculum, instruction, and assessment leadership and support classroom teaching to ensure an aligned and articulated instructional program in the subject area assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required (Master's degree preferred) from accredited university with a major in assigned subject
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum design and implementation
Ability to interpret data and evaluate instruction programs and teaching effectiveness
Ability to develop and deliver training to adult learners
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
3 years teaching experience in subject area assigned
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional and Program Management
- Work cooperatively with directors and campus principals in developing and supervising the instructional programs in assigned subject area.
- Coordinate the review, development, and revision of all subject area programs and related curriculum documents and materials, including curriculum guides, course outlines, and teaching plans.
- Oversee and implement testing programs for the assigned subject area and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Coordinate the ordering and use of departmental instructional aids and materials for assigned subject area.
- Evaluate the curriculum, instruction, and assessment program effectiveness for the assigned subject area based on evaluative findings (including student achievement data) and recommend changes as needed.
- Maintain a resource library of publications, supplementary materials, and supplies relevant to the assigned subject area.
- Participate in development, preparation, and administration of the budget for supplies, equipment, and facilities in area of assignment.
- Plan and provide staff development for teachers, administrators, and staff in designated subject area.
- Disseminate information regarding current research and significant developments on the state and national levels in area assigned.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation. Demonstrate teaching strategies with students in classroom.
- Convey information to parent and community members about school programs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Frequent districtwide travel; occasional statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.