TEACHER - Choir (6-8)
Listing ID: 170402001
Assignment: Regular Ed
Location: Navasota Junior High
Job Type: Teacher-On Salary
Salary Matrix: TCH 16-17
Step Range: 0-$40,400 to 25-$54,288
Employment Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
Demonstrated competency in the academic subject area assigned
Working knowledge of academic subject assigned
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Demonstrate cultural awareness and responsiveness
Facilitate students learning
Effectively manage the learning environment
Possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Completion of student teaching or enrolled in an approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Design and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence
of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and resources that reflect understanding
of the learning and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Collaborate with teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in
Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Collaborate with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) if applicable.
9. Use technology to facilitate and strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities that support students as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by
the campus principal.
12. Develop a caring a supportive relationship while serving as a positive role model for students and colleagues.
13. Support mission and vision of the campus and school district.
Navasota ISD Teacher
Funding Source: Rev 8/2014
Local, State Comp, Title I, Title II, IDEA B, Sped, CATE, Title III, HS Allot
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
15. Guide student behavior in accordance with student code of conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
17. Assist in selection of instructional materials and resources.
18. Establish and maintain communication with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Initiate professional development activities that strengthen content knowledge and instructional practices
23. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
24. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and digital reports, records, and other documents required.
25. Attend and participate in campus and district meetings and serve on committees as required.
26. All other duties as assigned
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) if applicable.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of
textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.