Administrative Assistant Gear UP
INSTITUTE FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL INITIATIVES
College of Education
5316 Hwy 290 West, Suite 510, Austin, Texas 78735 * 512-232-5684 * FAX 512-892-0465
ipsi.utexas.edu * email@example.com
Job Title : Administrative Assistant, GEAR UP
Reports to : GEAR UP Site Coordinators
Primary Purpose : The Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative support for the UT GEAR UP Austin 2018 - Navasota ISD sites, including program coordination and staff support.
? High School diploma or GED
? Secretarial training preferred
? Detail-oriented, be deadline driven
? Possess strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
? Excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a busy environment
? Must be able to work autonomously and in a team environment with a collaborative focus
? Have a strong proficiency in Google Drive and be adept at working with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
? Proficient skills in typing, use of calculator and other office equipment
? Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, data bases, and do word processing
? Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures preferred
? Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
? Three years secretarial experience in a school setting preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties :
1. Provide support for programming for the GEAR UP sites, including: ordering supplies, planning for and helping to execute parent sessions, chaperoning field trips, and organizing special events.
2. Organize and manage the routine work activities in the GEAR UP office.
3. Assist with GEAR UP reporting requirements including: obtaining data, verifying student paperwork, and executing the appropriate accounting processes to maintain compliance with federal reporting requirements.
4. Coordinate college visits and other field trips for GEAR UP, including: coordinating transportation, organizing payment for lunch, confirming itineraries, and arranging for visits to special programs.
5. Coordinate meetings for site personnel, including those with IPSI, Central Office, the Chamber of Commerce, and other potential community partners.
6. Coordinate the logistics for GEAR UP personnel training as well as other professional development opportunities, including: scheduling, reserving space, registration, securing technology, and transportation as needed.
7. Facilitate or provide support for various events and functions as requested or assigned.
8. Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the program, including: managing calendars, data entry, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans.
9. Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff and assist other departments with incoming calls.
10. Process and track requisitions and purchase orders for the GEAR UP program including all Federal compensatory education and grant.
11. Process and track travel vouchers and check requests.
12. Maintain records and permission to pay sheets for grant staff.
13. Maintain and reconcile budget sheets.
14. Maintain additional budget data required by grants, Federal programs and State Comp Ed.
15. Receive and process material orders purchased through all Federal Programs, grants and Comp Ed.
16. Assist the GEAR UP site coordinator(s) with preparation of Federal and grant reports.
17. Assist the GEAR UP site coordinator(s) with special projects, proposals and reports.
18. Regular attendance; must be willing and able to report to assigned work site on a regular basis according to established work schedule.
19. Prepare and submit necessary forms using financial accounting software for all stipend and extra duty pay.
20. Prepare and submit transportation requests.
21. Submit registration forms and assist with travel arrangements.
22. Maintain confidentiality of information.
23. Promote collegiality and a positive work environment.
24. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Computer, calculator, printer, copier, fax machine, multiple line telephone and other general office equipment.
Mental Demands : Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands : Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; lifting up to 50 pounds; occasional in-district travel in personal vehicle.
Terms of Employment:
Full-time, 12 month appointment.
Expected salary: $35,000 per year + benefits . This is a grant funded position; contingent upon annual grant funding.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with district policies.