Job Title: General Maintenance Worker Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Director of Maintenance Date Revised: 04/24/2019
Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
Two years experience in general building maintenance
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
1. Assist skilled workers with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
2. Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
3. Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
4. Complete repairs as directed on work orders or by maintenance foreman.
5. Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
6. Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
7. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
8. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
9. Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Small hand tools, power tools, and measuring tools; light truck or van
Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; may work alone; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Reviewed by Date
Received by Date