Job Title: Title 1, Part A Instructional Aide Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned Date Revised: 08-2014
Provide instructional support services. Assist teacher in instruction, preparation, and management of classroom activities. Work under direct supervision of teacher
Prefer Associate’s degree or two years of study at an institution of higher learning.
High School diploma or GED and have met formal academic assessment required by No Child left Behind Act.
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to assist in instructing in core educational areas and electives.
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide direct instruction to students under the direct supervision of teacher.
2. Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher, work with individual students or small groups.
3. Assist in classroom management.
4. Conduct parent involvement activities.
5. Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
6. Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
7. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
8. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of resources.
9. Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
10. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
11. Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and pother duties.
12. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
13. Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
14. Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
15. Lifting up to 50 lbs.
16. Assist with special needs students as assigned.
17. Provide care for special needs students as designed by program/ARD.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Copier, personal computer, typewriter, audiovisual equipment, and other instructional resources
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending and lifting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.