Substitute Teacher Applications
Steps to the Application Process, please read carefully: (Steps #1 and #2 must be completed before any other process takes place.)
- Apply any-time online
- Complete and submit the online substitute application
- Please include a valid email address and contact number, as this will be our way of contacting you
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a response from EduHero that will be sent to the email address you registered with.
- Upon getting access, you will need to create a free account and complete the "General Substitute Teacher Course" only.
- You must score a 70 or higher.
- Once you have completed training, contact Rebecca Munoz at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your fingerprint process. These are run on Thursdays only and results sometimes take 24-48 hours.
- If the DPS/TEA requires you to provide fingerprints, we will email you the information or contact you by phone.
- The fingerprint agency charges approximately $50 for the appointment, which you are responsible for.
- You must complete the fingerprint requirements to continue your application for employment.
- Once your fingerprint results are clear, you will receive an email from our office inviting you to fill out your payroll paperwork.
- Documents: Valid driver’s license or Texas Identification Card (a copy will be made)
- Social Security Number (a copy will be made)
- A voided check or savings account information for direct deposit of your future paychecks
- Educational documentation for classroom substitutes
- *GED, HS Transcript, College Transcript
- If you are a certified teacher: proof of certification
- GED or High School Diploma: $60/day
- College Graduate: $65/day
- Certified Teacher: $70/day
- Certified Teacher as long-term sub: First 10 days, $70/day; $100/day beyond 10 days of consecutive employment