SPECIAL EDUCATION COOP
Job Title: Interpreter / Translator Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
Reports to: Director of Special Education Date Revised: February 21, 2020
Dept./School: Grimes County Special Education Cooperative
Assist with the interpretation of oral and written Spanish to meet the needs of identified GCSEC special education students.
High school diploma
Valid Texas Educational Aide Certificate preferred
Bilingual and Bi-literate in Spanish
Ability to work as a team member
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (oral and written communication)
Excellent Bilingual communication skills, both verbal and written.
Proficient computer skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Serves as interpreter/translator between parents and special education staff.
2. Assist GCSEC staff in assessment of Spanish speaking students.
3. Provides written translation of ARD documents and other forms as required.
4. Participates in ARD meetings by interpreting/translating ARD discussion.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Meets accepted standards of professional behavior.
2. Maintains confidentiality.
3. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by state and federal law.
4. Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education, and the local board policy.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Reviewed by Date
Received by Date